Saturday, January 19, 2008

Its taken a couple of days to decompress from Mexico, and all the heartbreak we saw at the border. I appreciate more my warm shower, and a heated home, and all the luxuries I take for granted. I find my self turning off the water after a very short shower, keeping the thermostat down and eating less, and cherishing what I eat more. Fresh veggies were such a treat last night and the night before. I think of my friends in Nogales, and how they so warmly shared what little they had, and welcomed us. So much to process.

I have received mixed responses to my conversations with folks back here in the states about what I have shared. Many have been supportive and concerned, but others have been outright hostile. I want to go back and review my notes and try to get the power point together soon, I think picutres will help! I still haven't gotten pictures back, but I will post them when I get them processed. How are people feeling, and what are you hearing from those with whom you have shared the experience?
--Lisa

No comments: